Posted on June 23 2018
If you've just invested in a wig, whether you're donning one to hide thinning hair or just to change up your look. The first thing you'll need to know is how to take care of your wig and wash your wig properly.
Today we will share some tips to wash human hair wigs:
- Using a wide tooth comb before you wash, make sure you carefully detangle the hair. Start from ends and work toward the root to decrease shedding.
- Use warm water and rinse from roots to ends. Do not soak as this can lead to tangling.
Tip: If your wig is curly, try leaving the hairnet on.
- Loosen shampoo in your hands and work through the hair. Distribute a small amount of shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
Tip: Use circular motions to clean the cap
- For synthetic hair: Spray leave-in conditioner from the mid-shaft to the ends. Tip: Avoid the root or knots
- For human hair: Leave in for a few minutes before rinsing. Do NOT apply conditioner to the root. Tip: If dry or damaged, use a deep conditioner.
- Let lukewarm water flow in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Squeeze and press the hair; do not wring.
Tip: Towel blot to remove excess water
- For synthetic hair: Air dry on a folding wig stand
Tip: Gently part the hair with a comb before wig dries
- For human hair: Blow dry about 80% and then round brush until smooth